Sunday, October 16, 2011

clean room will not last.

As you saw in my post last week (or lack thereof) I went to Las Vegas for the weekend. Thanks to Columbus Day (or Indigenous People's Day as San Franciscans call it) I had a full three days in Las Vegas with Katy and Elian. Huge thanks to Elian for hosting us in her hometown! I added a picture of the gang - it was a great time with great people, amazing food and lots of dancing.

This weekend was the first weekend that I had nothing planned in advance. I'm starting to learn my routine a bit, where to go grocery shopping, when it's best to do laundry at the corner laundromat, etc. I'm definitely missing laundry in my apt and now spend all the change I save on laundry and I REALLY miss the bulk section in Harvest Co-op, but life goes on.

I didn't do much during the week since Vegas took a lot out of me and I was happy to tag along with Maddy and her co-worker to a play on Friday. First we went to Farmerbrown, a farm to table soul food restaurant, which had inventive cocktails (I had the "concord & divide - gin, concord grapes, fresh grapefruit & st. germaine) and food. We ordered a couple appetizers (much to the waitresses chagrin) and then headed over to Exit Theater for one of the performances in the Olympians Festival. The festival is going on all month, each night a different play that only will be performed that one time. I will definitely be going back to shows there! It was a great vibe and is one of the premiere independent theaters in the city.

On Saturday myself and others ventured to "Taste of Filmore", a street event in Lower Pac Heights. An afternoon of wine, finger food and dog watching. The group I was with took a little breather then went to dinner on Filmore at Chouquet's. Wow.

Today I spent a majority of the day unpacking my final boxes. The apartment is almost in good shape although we still have a many things to hoard (dining room chairs, microwave, toaster, some small storage, etc.). My room though is in MUCH better shape - no more boxes, no more clothes everywhere (yay!). But how it's set up now is pretty temporary, considering I cut up boxes to make "storage" for under my bed. Just call me DIY Dana.

Tomorrow is the inaugural soup group in the San Francisco office! I'm so excited to be bringing soup group here and share it with my new co-workers. I'm also considering signing up for a CSA delivery service, similar to Boston Organics. It would be helpful for soup group since each box contains a hefty amount of veggies. I'm strongly considering it.

Another Sunday night, another week. Looking forward to a big weekend next weekend with a Seattle visitor and concert. Booyah.

As I said, the room isn't done yet (notice the lack of wall hangings) but here's a little preview:

No comments:

Post a Comment